Pages

Translate

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

More Baby Gifts Finished

Well yesterday I was able to get the taggie lovey made. It is pink Minky dot on one side and a light pink 2 toned polka dot on the other. These are so cute. It seems every time I give one of these as gifts I get rave reviews on them.  They seem to be a popular baby item. This went together perfectly . No problems at all. No   pattern used.

Now today I had such a  headache trying to get the blanket made. I have never had a problem making these before. But for some reason I just couldn't get it  laid right and pinned right. You have to pin baste it before you sew it... I always use my walking foot also when I sew Minky. It is a life saver. I ended up having to rip out the entire blanket and re sew it. as I discovered it had shifted on the Minnie Mouse fabric side/ and looked horrible.  Thank goodness I am through with the blanket as of right now I do not like it very much at all. Just because it was such a pain.  I hope the Niece will like it ...But I know she will. Because she has been at all the other baby showers and seen these and have always ooohed and awwdd at everything.  So now is her turn.  She is doing the baby's nursery in Pink Minnie Mouse. This was the only Minnie Mouse fabric I found at Joann's.  I have allready bought her a few other items to go with her gifts.  I may still make a few more items though. Just depends on how I feel, and how much time I get to spend int eh sewing room. Here is the picture of the Minky blanket .
Until My next post keep on sewing & quilting. 
 
Tammy
 
Please follow my blog. You can find the buttons to follow over on the right hand side .

7 comments:

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

So cute! I have to give Miniy a try.

Barb said...

I have not sewn with Minky yet...sorry you had such frustrations but it sure turned out nice.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your taggie and blanket are beautiful. Such gorgeous gifts. I've never tried minky but I think it's the perfect choice for baby quilts :)

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a sweet little quilt Tammy! I've never seen one with all the little ribbons around it, is that to put toys on?

StitchinByTheLake said...

Really cute Tammy! I've made a few of these but I always have problems with Minky - need lots of patience to work with that stuff! blessings, marlene

Lisa said...

My husband wants me to make our grandaughter one of these but I don't know what kind of ribbon to use. Is it anything special?

Lisa said...

I think your blanket is really cute and such a nice gift for little ones! Thanks for the suggestion of the walking foot! It is not easy to work with!